Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Support Letter for India!


Delhi, India

Dear Family & Friends,

I am writing to tell you about a great opportunity that I have this spring. I will be going to Delhi with a team from my home church,Cornerstone Fellowship. On this journey our team will serve as God’s hands and feet in the slums of India by reaching out to others with the love of Christ.

My heart and passion for India took root about four years ago as I listened to Dr. K.P. Yohannan speak about the conditions and disparity of the lower caste people of India. The Lord distinctively placed a fire inside my heart and gave me a passion for India, specifically for the women and children in the lower caste group. The past few years I have had time to grow and mature in my desire to serve in India. God has shown me through much prayer and a series of events in my life that I need to step out in obedience and faith to His calling to go and serve in whatever way I can. I am willing to submit to God’s will for me, and as a result He has presented this opportunity to go.

The trip will be from March 6th through March 18th. Our team will be focused on four main purposes. Our first will be to help medical clinics and assist native doctors by taking blood pressure, temperature, diabetic testing and assist with the distribution of meds. Secondly, we will serve at one of the homes Mother Teresa opened in Agra by distributing food to the children and adults that they care for. Thirdly, we will visit a leprosy colony to perform a children’s program for the kids that live there. Lastly, we will be hosting other children's programs at one of the schools Harvest Missions has in the slums, as well as at the Harvest Missions orphanage. 

Currently I am praying for God to rise up a team of people willing to share in the experience of this mission trip through prayer and/or financial assistance. The total cost of the trip is $2,900, to be paid by February 21, 2011 (contact me directly if you would like to financially assist after this deadline). Please prayerfully consider supporting me on this journey.

In Christ’s Love,
Diane Rutledge

To stay current with me on this mission to India and to get involved please check out my blog at http://www.dianerutledge.blogspot.com. I will post updates weekly and would love to share this with you.
To contact me directly my email is dleiva15@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment